My Money Matters
Designed for students aged 14-17, but suitable for all post-primary young people, My Money Matters provides young people with the opportunity to explore their own attitudes to money and gain a few key financial skills to help them in the real world.
- The course consists of six core units
- Interactive quizzes, case studies, and scenario-based videos are used throughout
- Young people will receive a digital certificate and record of achievement on completion
- Units can be completed at student’s own pace, with each unit taking between 30 and 60 minutes to complete
Over the six units of My Money Matters, students will:
- Learn about the different options for saving and reflect on their own saving habits
- Explore ways to make the most of their money
- Gain a deep insight into borrowing and debt
- Look ahead to life after school and explore the different options available to them
- Enter the world of financial risk and reward
- Learn about the common scams people fall victim to and learn how to protect themselves against them
The course maps to the themes in the Your Money Matters textbook and can be used alongside the course or independently. The units of the course can be completed in any order and teachers can set specific units for students to focus on.
If you would like more information on My Money Matters, please Get In Touch