Impact & Evaluation
Young Enterprise is reaching 90,000 young people each year with our range of hands-on entrepreneurship skills programmes. With the input of business volunteers throughout our learning activities we promote sustained and continuous learning to address employability barriers, helping young people to define their career choices, role preferences and to understand expectations and obstacles in the world of work and enterprise.
Recent evaluations showed:
- 95% of young people of young people felt the have improved at least one employability competency including Self-esteem, Problem solving and Resilience.
- 92% of teachers agree that Company Programme has increased self-awareness in student’s capabilities and potential
- 73% of young people agree the business adviser they met on the programme helped them understand the world of work
- 81% of young people reported that Company Programme was useful in learning how to manage money.
- 89% of teachers agree Company Programme has raised students’ employability skills
- 76% of teachers agree that Company Programme raises young people’s career aspirations (understanding what various roles entail in terms of responsibilities)
- Enhanced awareness of attitudes, skills, aspirations, strengths and weaknesses.
- Self awareness with respect to career preferences – sector and/or role type.
- Confidence in controlling their future.
- Understanding of employers expectations.
- Enhanced behaviour, attitudes, application of knowledge, emotional capabilities and decision making.
- Acting upon employability competencies.
- Nurturing entrepreneurial spirits.
- Actions taken lead to enhanced professional and emotional capabilities
- Positive impact on socio-economic conditions.
- Career potential is increased.
- Ability to relate their choices to the socio-economic context and general well-being
- Improved capacity to make informed decisions using their practical learning and experience.